Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Dusting Off the Blog

Figured I'd dust off this poor neglected blog while I tweak my website. I've shifted my focus over the last year and a half toward body jewelry, and I have to say, it's a lot of fun! I get to think in a bigger and broader scope, with a 3-D element as I envision how the jewelry will fit around a person. The canvas is bigger so there's more of a chance to stretch my creative muscles. And what's not to love about adorning one's body in jewelry?

There's something particularly appealing to me about the idea of wrapping oneself in beautiful beads -- especially now that I've been getting into the metaphysical properties of stones. I like to think of my pieces as magickal, protective "armor" of sorts, that will help shield the wearer from negative energy and enhance whatever qualities the stones embody. Plus, it's an excuse to buy more beautiful semi-precious beads! Ahhh, the possibilities.


No comments:

Post a Comment