Sunday, April 12, 2009

Jewelry Shoot

Did a big jewelry shoot yesterday. Three models showed up (Lily, Stacey, & Keli), plus a jewelry-making colleague of mine, Ayanna, and a photographer-friend, Jessica. We all got together at Jace's house, who was nice enough to host the whole shindig -- he even made fruit salad, and Jessica brought donuts, so it was a nice little brunch.

I think it went pretty well. It took longer than I expected, but with that many people involved, that's probably typical. I mostly focused on wedding stuff -- I've been making a "wedding line," plus I'm doing a wedding-webpage for Nomadic Notions, to let brides know they have the option of making their own jewelry -- or at least getting help from us in designing something, instead of spending oodles of money at some high-priced boutique.

Ayanna's a woman I met through Nomadic -- she worked there for a little while, and we became friends. We're both focused on trying to turn our hobby into a business. She does a lot of metal-work and silversmithing, and produces some really gorgeous tribal/ethnic type stuff. I think the photos we took of hers are my favorites -- she brought lots of colorful scarves to wrap the models in, and arranged the shots to look all artsy, and I think the results are pretty cool. I should try getting a little more creative with my own shots.

Jessica was kind enough to lend her photography talents to the venture. She'd commented in a blog not long ago that she really wanted more practice with live models, which is what prompted me to invite her. I think she's got a really good eye for capturing the perfect shot, and I can't wait to see her batch of photos.

I uploaded a number of mine onto my Flickr account, so take a peek if you're curious. Once everything's priced, I'll put it up on Etsy, but for now, that's your sneak preview. Enjoy!

-Astra

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully crafted jewelry and gorgeous models to show it off!

    ReplyDelete