Monday, August 22, 2011

Halloween Treasuries

It's still August, and yet I'm already getting into a Halloween frame-of-mind. Doesn't hurt that it's one of my favorite holidays, and one to which I look forward every year. Already coming up with ideas for our costumes, but that's a whole 'nother subject. Jewelry-wise, I've been cranking out a few more "vampire" themed pieces, along with a couple of werewolfy ones, for good measure. I've also been putting together some Treasuries.

Treasuries, on Etsy, are a way for you to showcase a collection of favorite items. Often they'll have a theme: a color, or mood, or specific object. It's generally bad form to include your own items, though I have centered a couple Treasuries around pieces my friends have produced. Gotta share the love and all.

Treasuries are also selected to feature on the front page of Etsy, which is a high honor -- and one I've not yet received. But I'm workin' on it! Maybe eventually I'll get to that point, but in the meantime, I'm just having fun with the whole thing.

In honor of Halloween -- which is coming up sooner than we think -- here are a couple of spooky collections I put together: one for Ghosts and one for Werewolves. I'm sure I'll be putting together more like these in the weeks to come. They're great for inspiration!

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment