Friday, August 12, 2011

Harlequin Series

No, I'm not talking about the romance novel, although when I taught this pattern at Nomadic Notions, I did draw a handout cover that looked remarkably like a trashy bodice-ripper, complete with a Fabio lookalike. That turned out to be a lot more fun than writing the handout itself!

In this particular case, I'm talking about a design for both earrings or a necklace, using chain to suspend little glass drops in a "diamond" pattern -- hence the name, Harlequin. I've got a whole series of these in a variety of colors; like my "Beadmail" pattern, it's an old standby that I never seem to tire of. The color combinations just seem endless, especially when you add in the chain/jump rings.

I retook my photos of a bunch of these yesterday; I think I'm slowly getting better at the picture-taking thing. That's such a big part of online selling. I suspect there's still plenty for me to learn. Just gotta keep plugging away, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment