Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pretty Pretty Flowers

I went to Hobby Lobby the other day. I was good and mostly managed to restrain myself from buying stuff (other than a couple of necessaries) but that didn't stop me from happily wandering the aisles and soaking up inspiration. One of my latest kicks is flower jewelry. Silk flowers, that is. Hobby Lobby, JoAnn's, Michael's -- they all have bouquets of lovely silk flowers, so very realistic but for the lack of a fragrance, and I've been using them to make Springtime-themed necklaces and earrings (ironic, considering it's well into summer, and well above the 100-degree mark, here in Austin). Maybe I'm just yearning for those not-quite-sizzling Springtime days? Or maybe the inner girly-girl in me just likes flowers. Here's an example:



I hope other people like this sort of thing, too, because I really, really want to make more. But I promised myself I'd be good and try to use up my current silk flower batch, before I go hog-wild and acquire any more. I think it shows remarkable restraint on my part! Maybe I should avoid the craft stores for a little while, though, juuuuuust in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment